FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:07 pm
Tennen

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by Cookoovaya
Check your booking on your account to see if it has been 'unmarried'. It will look like duplicated flights.
Thanks! The booking hasn't changed online - just looks like nothing's been done to it at all (which, I guess, is to be expected).

Originally Posted by gpb_croppers63
Are you trying to upgrade all sectors or just one? If you're trying to upgrade all sectors and were told you have to be waitlisted, I class is not available on at least one sector (see my answer below for how to check this). If you're only trying to upgrade 1 sector and you're certain that there's I class availability on that sector, you've run into the "married segments issue". You don't have to say anything specific, the agent will simply tell you that they have to waitlist your segments. If I is available, the seats will be cleared very quickly and you'll then see the waitlisted sector added to your reservation. That's when you can ring up again and have the ticket re-issued. I hope that's clearer now and that it helped.
Thank you!! Yes, this is very helpful; it's exactly what I wanted to know. I knew before purchasing that it would be a married segments issue, thanks to you. Ideally, I'd like to upgrade both segments, but I saw that space was available only on one (for now). So, I'm hoping that everything will sort out - the one with availability clears soon, the other gets waitlisted, and I can call in to have the ticket reissued. Or, even better, if they open up space for the other segment and clear both together.

That's an odd situation but nothing to do with the upgrades as far as I'm aware. Do you have a ticket number (starting with 390) for your booking? If so, I would imagine that the charge will re-post soon. If you don't have a ticket number, you need to ring them and find out what's going on.
Yes, I should've just posted this question elsewhere, as it's unrelated to upgrades. (I may still do that. ) It is indeed an A3-issued ticket (with a ticket number), so I'd imagine that the charge will post soon.