FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat upgrade coupons
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:39 am
gpb_croppers63

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Originally Posted by Tennen
This is a stupid question, but I've read gpb_croppers63 's posts and the Wiki and still can't figure it out. For married segment upgrades, do you need to specifically say something when requesting the upgrade (I didn't) or is it automatic? I'm guessing that since nothing's changed on my reservation, I should just wait and see until the waitlisted segment appears? Or if I'm lucky, they'll just clear both together before the coupons expire... Yeah, wishful thinking.
Are you trying to upgrade all sectors or just one? If you're trying to upgrade all sectors and were told you have to be waitlisted, I class is not available on at least one sector (see my answer below for how to check this). If you're only trying to upgrade 1 sector and you're certain that there's I class availability on that sector, you've run into the "married segments issue". You don't have to say anything specific, the agent will simply tell you that they have to waitlist your segments. If I is available, the seats will be cleared very quickly and you'll then see the waitlisted sector added to your reservation. That's when you can ring up again and have the ticket re-issued. I hope that's clearer now and that it helped.

Originally Posted by Tennen
This part may be for a different thread, but my ticket's charge was pending but then disappeared completely from my CC. It's been over a week. Should I be worried that something's amiss? IIRC, most of my previous A3 bookings were via OTAs, so the charges posted quickly.

Thanks!
That's an odd situation but nothing to do with the upgrades as far as I'm aware. Do you have a ticket number (starting with 390) for your booking? If so, I would imagine that the charge will re-post soon. If you don't have a ticket number, you need to ring them and find out what's going on.

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
I am in the same situation with a waitlisted flight for upgrades : CDG-ATH-Rhodos.
Where can I see if some I class seats are available ?
Thanks !
Go into your online account and try to make a one-way dummy award booking for each sector individually specifying the correct date and number of passengers. If I class is available, you'll see the flights available to book as an award. If there is availability but the upgrade request is not confirmed immediately and you only wish to upgrade 1 sector, you've probably also run into "married segments". Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by W126Pilot
I hope this question hasn't already been answered, but:
  • I just met the renewal requirements for A3 Gold status, extending my status through the end of May 2023
  • I have an existing booking on Aegean for June 2nd and June 7th 2022
Question:
  • Am I able to call to apply the four upgrade coupons I have just earned again -- available to use on bookings between May 2022-May 2023 -- now, or must I wait to do so until the new status year has begun, i.e. just a few days before my booked flights?
Thanks!
Unfortunately, you have to wait until your year resets and the new coupons are deposited in your account before you can use them, i.e. just a few days before your booked flights.