FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:32 pm
wheremattgoes

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
As has been said many times before, BA have to draw the line somewhere.

I've been a fairly cautious traveller during Covid, and I've been holidaying again since November last year. Which destinations were you prevented from travelling to in the Jan to March period.
SE Asia, Australia and New Zealand. I'm not complaining - I expect to be back at gold again by Spring next year as long as we don't go back to lots of countries closing their borders again. My post was primarily to highlight that BA is inaccurately stating that everyone has had a 2 year extension (in fact only members who failed to qualify after March 2020 got two years), and then to bemoan the decision to have lower thresholds until the end of December - I know that a line has to be drawn somewhere, and it's a commercial decision, but it seems arbitrary and illogical given that it's only now with Spring that there's been a significant relaxation in restrictions, and 9 months doesn't cover a full year's travel.