FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2022, 4:47 pm
rariya

Originally Posted by Travel kitten
Find out what things are free -for example kayaking SUPs, snorkelling. We also did an awful lot of swimming and lazing on the deck of our OWV!

We ate out 6 of the 10 nights (C&L night, Sunset Grill x 2, Vilu, Rangali Bar and the Quiet Zone), but we always made use of the canapes and free drinks at Gold/Diamond Happy Hour at Vilu. That coupled with bread / amuse bouches and a main was easily enough for us, without starters or deserts. The only time we got anything to drink with dinner was the Champagne that went with the Lobster, or if we had a jug of Sangria from Rangali Bar Happy Hour, and brought it with us. We made sure to go to Vilu and the Quiet Zone extremely well hydrated, to avoid overpriced water, or steeply marked up wine!

Other nights we brought enough snacks in our luggage to cope for 4 nights (we decided to do this, and splurge one night, as we both wanted to go to the C&L night, rather than eating out as cheaply as possible every night). If we did it again, I might just eat at Vilu, Sunset Grill or Rangali Bar every night, because the food was absolutely amazing, and none of them were really that overpriced.

Hope that helps!
Did you feel the C&L was worth it? Was the lobster great compared to say, Maine lobster? Was the other food unique to the C&L experience or could you get a lot of it at the restaurants elsewhere?

Since you said you wouldn't do it again, I'm curious. We spent this past NYE at a Hyatt resort where the party was $250/pp and we were so underwhelmed by the food and wished we had just gone to a different restaurant we knew we liked instead. We want to do all the must-trys on our trip and don't mind paying for those experiences, but always hate feeling like they weren't worth it. We are also planning to scuba dive multiple times during our stay so we'll be paying a lot to do that already. We generally value experiences over food and often pack snacks and stretch meals like you described in your post so I feel like you're a good reference for dining!