FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:06 pm
ricardojrsousa

Programs: TK Elite+, FB Platinum, BAEC Gold, ALL Diamond, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador
Ok, I tried searching around in the thread and got some clues but not really sure if outdated information so hopefully someone can provide guidance on recent experiences. I've accumulated some TK miles and looking to burn them on a couple upcoming trips. I mostly used TK miles with TK in the past so booking *A awards is new.

I'm looking at UA, TP and NH segments in J but none (as in literally nothing - Y,J multiple dates etc) is showing on the online search.
1. Will TK allow me to book J on UA, TP or NH availability existing ?
2. Does it make a difference to call or head to a sales office in terms of *what the availability is*? In other words would I potentially get results in these channels I'm not seeing on the site ?
3. Is there another site I can use to infer availability? Example: some of the segments on TP are available on miles search on UA's website Does that mean anything?

Thanks for the help with these rather newbie questions 😇