FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sky Club Access Lines and Waiting due to capacity
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:31 am
DCAproducer

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'd love to see grab and go. They should definitely give D1 passengers a higher priority.

I'd also like to see airport food vouchers if you are d1 International. I'd rather eat at even a place like PF changs or SORA before an international flight, would be better food and would ease up on crowding in the SC.
When the JFK T4 SkyClub first opened they used to give D1 passengers a card upon entry and that card got you a wait-staff served meal. They had dining area in front of the bar area. This didn't last long, but it had a menu that you could order off of and it was free for D1 passengers. Unfortunately this lounge quickly turned into a free for all.

The solution to this problem is more/larger lounges. If you sell more access (memberships and credit cards) you need more capacity.
Grab and go would be great. I saw a grab-and-go junk food table at SEA last week. It was right before the check-in desk as we were leaving the lounge. During COVID SkyClubs have done pre-packaged wraps and sandwiches, a few of those would be great.