FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:53 am
lost_in_translation

Programs: Some
It’s nice to see some things never change! Arrived at Al Safwa at midnight last night to find a queue of what must have been 25 people at the bottom of the escalator, almost all trying to blag their way in. Watched the first seven or so passengers of which three had economy boarding passes and were told to go somewhere else, one had a business class boarding pass and was sent to Al Mourjan, one just wanted to ask where the ticketing desk was, one had an Oman Air boarding pass and a credit card (?!) and was trying to argue why he should be given access, and one guy had a business class pass but said he wanted to pay for access so was allowed up. Being stationed at the bottom of the steps must be one of the most thankless QR jobs!

I may have got bored of waiting and pushed in at that point in possibly my first ever DYKWIA given I seemed to be the only person in the queue with a F boarding pass, but they need a better system of sorting out who is allowed access if they are going to increase numbers.