FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Extensive Hold Times during COVID-19 (consolidated thread)
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:09 pm
troyintn

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Noting that the first post in this thread was over two years ago, I would suggest that if DL management had any serious intention of solving this problem, we would have seen some improvement by now.

It is inexcusable for a Diamond to have to wait 1.5 to 2.0 hours to reach an agent in the evening.

Does this mean that the 24 hour cancellation guarantee should be interpreted to be a 22 hour cancellation guarantee, since you have to begin at 10:00 PM in order to meet the 12:00M cut-off?

A new wrinkle... it used to be that if you elected the "I'll wait on hold option" your initial choice was fixed. Now they come back on every 20 minutes or so and ask if you want to hold, or elect for a call back. So, you have to repeatedly reaffirm your "I'll wait on hold" selection.

As I have noted elsewhere, the call back option does not work for me, since the system will not acknowledge any of my key pad inputs.
I tend to agree it doesn't want me to give them 10K + dollars for a J ticket when I know other the inflight piece everything else is a crap shoot.