FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:08 pm
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by lsquare
Oh, sorry, I meant which hotels do you recommend or have stayed in the Bugis area. I will most likely email many of them to ask about a day rate.

Generally I don't stay within the core area. I have a few friends and relatives I can stay with when I visit there... The last time I stayed at a hotel there, it was at the Conrad (maybe a decade ago) so it wouldn't be of much help.

That's a good idea! I've never been to the Jewel before. Is it open 24/7? What about the food court on B2 of T3? A few years ago, I did remember not everything was opened in the middle of the night.
It doesn't say Jewel is closed at night (It was 24/7 before) but most food options close between 9 and 11 (except for hotpot which closes at 3am). The food court is likely to close sooner. But if you're heading back from wherever you decide to go during the day, it shouldn't be hard to get some takeaway before heading back (assuming you stay at the airport). Cutlery (and re-heating) might be an issue depending on what you get. Unfortunately I don't think Singapore had gotten to the self-heating "ekiben" stage yet.

Are there night buses going to Changi if I stay around Bugis? If so, how long will that take and how much? From what you're saying, it sure sounds .... my plan won't work since there's no early check-in with UA. I guess I can't do lounge hopping as long as I fly with UA! Maybe I'll have to email UA and request that they participate in the program!
That'd actually be another benefit of staying at the airport... if you can't check in early, you just leave your stuff in the room.

Originally Posted by paperwastage
With COVID, many things have changed unfortunately. The Mustafa hypermarket that i mentioned before isn't 24/7 anymore either
I can't speak for others, but I never really found any bargains at Mustafa that were THAT amazing. In most cases, I could find comparable or cheaper at home (and not have to lug or deal with customs). It was a great selling point though about being open 24/7.