FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 1:10 pm
zen100

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect BA will deal with this in exactly the same way they deal with the TPs earned on the 8th (last day) of a Membership Year being posted a few days later. It will be a relatively simple exercise; a simple interrogation of the membership database with status extended for those who met the reduced renewal/promotion thresholds by 31 December. I expect BA will continue their strict observance of the qualification criteria for promotion to GGL. IIRC two week extensions have never been offered to GGL promotions and I can’t see why they would change that now especially with the very generous reduced qualification threshold. I cannot see BA will offer the two week extension for reduced TP qualification at any tier.

I mentioned here several months ago the mood music about global status extensions was there would be no more, that same mood music is that reduced thresholds will end on 31 January unless travel restrictions are reintroduced.
But that's code which has been in place for years - and while the 1st Jan extension (or whenever they do it "in January 2023" according to the FAQ) looks kind of similar, there are some subtle differences. What we may think should be a relatively simple exercise - could be excuitately complicated for (outsourced) BA IT.

In the end, we don't know. But I wouldn't be at all surprised if a 1st Jan flight slipped through. However, if it should happen to anyone, they should consider themselves lucky and keep their mouth shut.

Last edited by zen100; Apr 16, 2022 at 1:15 pm