FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 11:23 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
that’s because I was not asking for anyone’s status to be extended. I was answering a post saying (in a nutshell) « the proof that status is very/too easy to achieve is that my leisure travelling daughter has managed » by noting that the fact she has doesn’t mean it’s easy for anyone too renew, but just that she is likely among one of the segments least affected by current downturn whilst others segments will find it a lot harder.
yes, and if i may say so this is where your whole original post was flawed by suggesting business travellers would find it harder to renew than leisure travellers. it is only true if a business traveller wants to exclusively rely on attainting points from travel paid for by their employer and travelling in the course of their work, and is unwilling to put their hand in their own pocket and pay for some leisure travel. the opportunities for also doing leisure travel are no less than for those who don't have business travel to rely upon.

those who rely on their own travel to attain status must do it on their own dime and in their own time, so it quite simply is not easier for leisure travellers. if only i had the luxury of relying on someone else to pay for my travel and doing it as part of my job, that truly would be a lot easier

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 16, 2022 at 11:38 am