FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:28 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
well I am not clear then, whose status are you asking to be protected, you, other selections of members, everyone? Or are you suggesting that you are content with there being no further extensions?
that’s because I was not asking for anyone’s status to be extended. I was answering a post saying (in a nutshell) « the proof that status is very/too easy to achieve is that my leisure travelling daughter has managed » by noting that the fact she has doesn’t mean it’s easy for anyone too renew, but just that she is likely among one of the segments least affected by current downturn whilst others segments will find it a lot harder.

since you ask, I would personally be favourable to further extensions for all and many other airlines are still protecting everyone’s status if only because they are on a calendar year. However that was not what my post was about. It would be a sad world - and an excruciatingly boring flyertalk - one in which people would only post to ask stuff and with ulterior motives. Most of us - you and I included - often post about information or perceptions and not only to express requests let alone demands.

Last edited by orbitmic; Apr 16, 2022 at 9:42 am