FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 8:24 am
scottishpoet

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by KARFA
well I am not clear then, whose status are you asking to be protected, you, other selections of members, everyone? Or are you suggesting that you are content with there being no further extensions?

still sounds like special pleading for business travellers tbh, because my business travel has reduced BA must look after me and protect my status - well no they don’t have to, and if status is important to you, then book some flights and earn some TPs
my take is not so much about business v leisure, but about locations BA are or are not serving at the moment
While there may be plenty of BA flights from LHR for people based in the UK to take their pick from, those of us not in the UK who had far fewer services may find BA has not yet returned or BA may still have a limited number of flights.

In those circumstances I think there is a case for BA to look at the situation and possibly make some exceptions

as an exmpl, with only 1 BA flight a day, and the recent record of it being caneclled every other day, its still a challenge for me to have the confidence to book a BA ticket from here. fortunately I have some time before my status expires. others in a similar situation may not be so fortunate