FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:22 am
KARFA
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
again that’s a strawman argument. You seem to be interpreting any reference to « ba are choosing to protect some types of status and not others » as « ba should protect me rather than others », but that’s just in your head, not in my words.

if I want ba to show more flexibility to me, I’ll ask them, not here. Here I was merely observing what looks like a move from universal to targeted (which by the way May still change. I’m not part of those who say « they’ve made up their minds for good » and personally wouldn’t exclude a further extension but that’s another matter).
well I am not clear then, whose status are you asking to be protected, you, other selections of members, everyone? Or are you suggesting that you are content with there being no further extensions?

still sounds like special pleading for business travellers tbh, because my business travel has reduced BA must look after me and protect my status - well no they don’t have to, and if status is important to you, then book some flights and earn some TPs

Last edited by KARFA; Apr 16, 2022 at 7:35 am