FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 7:07 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
indeed, of course they can. They could scrap BAEC altogether if they wanted to. I am suggesting that they won’t indefinitely protect your status just because your business travel continues to be non existent.

I would have more sympathy if business travellers didn’t frame their argument as I can’t travel therefore BA must protect my status. People can travel for leisure if they wish and gain TPs from that if status is important to them, and BA is not under obligation to protect your status indefinitely because your employer won’t pay for your business trips or you can no longer go to China etc. where you used to go 5 times a month. It can come across as a sense of entitlement - and yes I note the irony of using that term when it comes to status and FFPs
again that’s a strawman argument. You seem to be interpreting any reference to « ba are choosing to protect some types of status and not others » as « ba should protect me rather than others », but that’s just in your head, not in my words.

if I want ba to show more flexibility to me, I’ll ask them, not here. Here I was merely observing what looks like a move from universal to targeted (which by the way May still change. I’m not part of those who say « they’ve made up their minds for good » and personally wouldn’t exclude a further extension but that’s another matter).