FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced
Old Apr 16, 2022, 2:23 am
zen100

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I’m afraid this is very unlikely to work, the reduced TP thresholds end on 31 December so you must hit your target on or before that date. If you don't you will have to meet the standard 5000 TP requirement. BA are very strict when it comes to GGL qualification.
I think it's possible (though far from guaranteed) that a 1st Jan flight might slip through - based upon how I suspect BA will handle this.

It seems likely that BA IT will run a report in early Jan to see who hit the reduced thresholds, and these will then be extended. But if they ran this report on 1st Jan, that would mean a lot of "But my late Dec flights didn't post until a week later" calls/enquiries, so I suspect they'll probably run that report about a week into Jan, to allow the late Dec flights to post in time.

Now they could make the report really smart - and unpick the posting date. But I'm not convinced BA will go to that degree of effort. They just need something which catches the vast majority. WIll it be worth the extra effort to catch the odd person that made a flight on the 1st/2nd Jan that pushed them over the threshold?

All this is subject to speculation and no guarantee at all. So anyone wanting to retain a tier, needs to make those flights by 31st Dec. If 1st Jan flights slip through the system, that's an unexpected bonus. If a 1st Jan flight doesn't slip through, then there will be no basis for escalation.

Last edited by zen100; Apr 16, 2022 at 3:06 am