FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What airline status would be easiest to get status as a foreigner based in Chicago?
Old Apr 15, 2022, 8:36 am
macdonjo

Originally Posted by guv1976
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

Will all of your flying, paid and award, be in Economy Class?

Will you be renting cars/staying in hotels a lot while stationed in the U.S.?
I'm a young professional, so I can handle economy when needed. When flying to Asia, I was going to fly business or something where I can sleep easier.

So far this year, I rented from Avis 4 times. I stayed 4 nights at Hilton and 1 night at Marriot.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
What would you expect from status?
What is/would be your travel pattern? Class of travel? (as above)
Can you chose the airlines/routes you will fly? Or some corporate travel policy?
USA for ever? Or is the non USA address for convenience? [which an airline ffp may not like]
As above, any ff miles earning from non flying activities/credit cards? Big earner for many now.
UA DL & AA are spend based ffp''s with different earning for partners. AS is a distance based ffp.
1. From status, I'd like to get complimentary seat upgrades, priority boarding and whatever else my credit card doesn't get me.
2. Will vary. Domestic it's economy and international it'll be a mix.
3. Not permanent - I don't have a green card yet.
4. I put most of my spend on Amex Plat but I don't spend over $10k/mo or anything crazy.
5. Good to know AS is distance-based. So when booking flights, I put in my MileagePlus number with any foreign AS partner and it'll attribute the points back to MileagePlus?