FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Extended Warranty reports
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:30 pm
I Love to Travel

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
Originally Posted by jsandler111
Has anyone had a recent experience with an extended warranty claim ? I filed a claim last month (related to my cell phone, purchased with my Platinum Card) and a day later received a letter acknowledging the claim and asking for documentation (which was only the purchase invoice), which I promptly provided. I called later that week to ask about how long the claim should take to process and was told that they are very busy right now, so while claims are usually resolved within 10 days, I should expected to hear within 30 days. Since I still didn't hear anything else, I called again at 31 days, at which point the representative I spoke to acknowledged that it had indeed been more than 30 days since they received the requested documentation and promised to have an answer for me this week.

If anyone else has filed an extended warranty claim recently, have you had a similar experience with how long it has taken?
I filed a claim about 6 months ago for an airpod pro. It took about 15 days from the filing date to receive the claim payment (credit to my Amex account). The day after filing, I received a request to provide an itemized store receipt, which I provided that same day.