FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:41 pm
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by lsquare
I already know my dates as my airfares are already booked.

What do you recommend around Bugis?
Well, if you're looking for a conventional mall experience, Bugis Junction/Bugis+ works... There are also a few other popular spots nearby like Funan Mall ("recently" renovated) or Simlim Tower (electronics, more like a bazaar feel to it). Foodwise, there is a pasa malam across from Bugis Junction (although it operates during the day as well). There is also a hawker center there (Albert Centre) or sorta nearby (Golden Mile... very popular). It's been a few years since I've been there and with the pandemic, the lay of the hawker centers has likely changed, but here's a
which does a tour of Albert Centre (from last year). Further out, Chinatown (one of the biggest and oldest hawker centers)? Culturally, you've got a few temples in the area as well as "Kampong Glam". All have MRT stations (although the lines involved might not intersect (like Chinatown). It really depends on how much free time you'll have (before running to the airport).

Personally, I'd probably sleep (maybe not a whole night's worth, but enough to start the transition back to your home time zone), grab some food at Albert Centre/Golden Mile (or if air conditioning is important, the basement of Bugis Junction should do you)... then wander around a bit. Towards the evening, shift over to Changi and explore the Jewel before shifting over to your proper terminal and do the lounges. That's assuming you are spending the night at the airport.