FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 3:01 pm
royal757

Programs: AC 50K, *A Gold
Not sure where to post this, but might fit the topic.

"Trust me with this, this is cheaper and it's what you want"
-AC reservation agent.

Was schedule to fly YUL-LHR on paid J on Monday night, had to change to Thursday night of this week, after much back and fourth I get a call back from an AC agent. Quoting me 7K to move my departure date as the ticket has to be repriced as a whole (I get it they can't just change the outbound, they have to reprice the inbound and outbound).

I found an itinerary that costs the same but is PY on the inbound and Y (latitude) on the way back. The reservation agent says ok, no change fee, just 300$ fare difference (I'm fine with that). But I triple confirm with her: PY in the outbound and Economy latitude on the way back. She says "ok yes of course".

She books it, then I receive a confirmation and PNR to my email and I see it's PY on the outbound and PY on the inbound! I ask her why? I didn't want PY
(my rational is that latitude has no E-upgrade window and it was 100$ more expensive than PY but PY has 200$ co-pay for the Eupgrade, and the flight had 1 R left and is in 2 weeks).

She simply answers: Trust me this is what you want, it's 100$ cheaper than the latitude fare you told me about and is a better seat. I was shocked... no words. Now I called again to rechange it and the fare difference went up in the meantime between the calls. I'm really disappointed, I triple said "latitude economy on the way back, please confirm". Yet she booked me in PY "to save me money"... funny enough I'll upgrade and it'll cost me 200$ instead of costing me 100$ more in latitude with no co-pay (just 11 eups).

Has this ever happened to anyone? Sorry If I am not posting in the right thread. At this point hopefully, my upgrade on the way back clears and all this is a distant memory.