FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AeroMexico / kiwi.com - how is this even legal ?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 12:19 pm
AxelJF

Programs: LH FTL, AY+ Gold, BAEC Silver, AF FB
Have you managed to resolve this by now?
I wouldn't really be worried about it and neither say someone is pulling a stunt here. It is fairly common that flights get cancelled and that some automated rebooking algorithm comes up with a rather strange or inconvenient alternative for reasons nobody understands. In such a scenario simply call the airline and most agents will immediately agree with you that such connecting times as yours are more than crap. I'm sure they'll find you a better connection if seats are available. Most likely even without the stopover in GDL.
The airline cancelled so they are in the spotlight now to provide you an alternative that is as close as possible to your initial routing and travel times as possible.
My experience with AM is that agents are usually very capable and helpful in such circumstances. As bad as certain feedback on AM is if it comes to refunds, they are rather easy to deal with if its about rebookings, cancellations, etc. And in no way should you expect to be charged a fare difference or fee if they cancelled a flight. You don't have to accept the initial and clearly automated rebooking if you don't like it. I'd be more concerned if you were flying on lowcost carries such as Volaris or VivaAerobus, but not really regarding AM. Good luck, but I'm sure you'll get this sorted in an acceptable and smooth way.