FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2022, 11:38 am
FLYMSY

I recently had a couple of TATL Polaris flights. I turned down 3 of the 4 meal services on the four flights and didn’t eat at all on those 3 flights. The one meal service that I did accept was a bad choice on my part. It was the chicken breast with the alleged mushroom stuffing. It came with extremely overcooked, mushy veggies and what I was told were mashed potatoes. This “mashed potato” portion was GAWD AWFUL!! It had some kind of added ingredient(s) that were incredibly inappropriate. Whatever food supplier chef came up with the recipe for this entire meal should be fired and never be allowed to work in the food service business again. Some on here have remarked that the food served on United is school cafeteria quality. I disagree. It’s worse.

IMO, when new menu items are proposed, the chefs AND members of the executive team should take a flight and have these meals served at 35,000 feet., prepared just as they are for the passengers. This should be done prior to rolling it out for the passengers. If the chefs and executive suite think these meals are delectable and enjoyable, then, I seriously wonder about their palates.

Last edited by FLYMSY; Apr 13, 2022 at 11:59 am Reason: Add Polaris for clarity.