FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I know its been discussed, but what in the heck happened to Jetblue
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:50 am
dtremit

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I agree 100%, but to that end she has allowed those below her to get away with their nonsense for so long, and that's where the issue really lies (*glares at Alex Battaglia*). Unfortunately it would be a terrible look if she left, so she's stuck in this for the long run. Somehow, I don't think she minds.
Shockingly, Alex Battaglia is one of the few execs at JetBlue with *any* experience at US network carriers — I imagine that may be part of why he evades scrutiny — no one else knows how things *should* work.

Geraghty has been around since 2005, and would have been too junior then to have had any significant experience.
Hayes came from BA, which is a *very* different organization operationally and culturally.

Their CTO was at WN — during the nightmare that was the FL integration.
Their head of Revenue and Planning has been at JetBlue since 2009 and came from a consulting background.

If the board were smart, they'd find some grizzled Northwest or Continental execs to drag out of retirement to overhaul ops and IT. Use the Spirit merger as an excuse for the change.