FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Executive Platinum 10F seats, didn’t get upgraded
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:12 pm
EXP100

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by EXPLAT
So how’s this for strange. I have 115,000 LP’s. Tomorrows DFW-OGG flight. My wife and I are on separate PNR’s. I call the Executive Platinum desk five days prior to link them so that my wife gets my status, she’s Platinum Pro, I’m Executive Platinum. Around 24-36 hours in advance, she gets an automatic upgrade but I don’t. I’m not sure of the exact time this happened as we didn’t receive the normal email notification.

I already had missed the prior round of upgrades where 4 of 10 remaining seats were upgraded. Then of the next 3 upgrades, of the remaining 6 seats, she got one of them.

I’m on a flight so I reach out via twitter to ask what’s going on. I don’t get an answer to my question but am told I can pay the $175 plus 15,000 miles to grab one of the two C seats left of now 3 remaining seats.

I am frustrated as my spend to get to EP last year was all my own money and all leisure travel. Anyone can do the cash and miles upgrade.

Anyone else experience this scenario where a lower status person receives the auto upgrade?
The only thing I can think of is the new LP system of determining upgrades. Prior to 3/1 it was elite level then 12 month rolling spend but is it possible your wife has more LPs since 1/1 than you?