FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where to stay for a 26-hour trip in Singapore?
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:39 am
lsquare
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Visconti
Ah, I'd lean towards something along the lines of the GH on Orchard, or something in that area. It's close to the MTR and easy enough to hangout until the final departure. What you're opting for is what I would and have done many times with similar itineraries.
Have you been there before? Decent breakfast? Good lounge? I'm not against the GH if I can easily and quickly head back towards Changi. On my last trip to Singapore in 2019, rather than spend the night at a hotel, I checked out at 4 PM, left my suitcase at the hotel, went back, and took the last train to Changi. I checked my suitcase and then spent the entire night at a Plaza Premium lounge before taking the morning flight to HKG. I hate paying for a hotel only to check out early in the morning. I wonder if the GH will let me check in at around 8 AM, get breakfast, sleep a bit, do a little bit of work on the laptop, check out the lounge, and then check out by around 9 PM?

I forgot to mention that I'll also need to take a COVID test before flying back into the US?