FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA PHL-ABE/ACY (and others) bus services
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:31 pm
silverthief2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by beyondhere
That'd be a narrow market but maybe.

Anyways, I'll be interested to see how AA prices the tickets to ACY via PHL bus.

Many times, AA offers fares to ABE less than PHL. I've seen RDU-CLT-ABE as an example, less expensive than any RDU-PHL nonstop or connect via CLT as it appears to have a premium that PHL is a hub. But that might be the case on random one-ways here and there but just something that I noticed.
Indeed. I have to be in ABE next month (before the PHL<-->ABE bus connector launches) and DCA-CLT-ABE round trips are pretty reasonable.

Originally Posted by maokh
In terms of who will use this service? No idea. We are based in Cape May NJ (just south of ACY) and it is a much easier airport to get to. Going to and from PHL, which is an hour and a half drive (assuming there isn't shore traffic), is quite an adventure i'd love to avoid. Bus service that arrives air side is probably the second best thing to having AA officially here in ACY. I'm hoping that this also shows up on other Oneworld airline schedules, but i won't hold by breath.
There may not be many biz travelers, but I now have a client in ABE and it could be a better alternative than driving from DCA (ugh) or the DCA-CLT-ABE route I'm currently looking at. Traffic poses a challenge to catching connections back at PHL, I suppose.