FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reservation unticketed - boarding denied - FTV denied
Old Apr 10, 2022, 11:16 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Every time one of these threads comes up, I always feel the same reaction.

You buy a ticket, you get a confirmation. That should be end of story. Instead, we have all this nonsense about tickets not ticketing, tickets being out of sync, payments pending, blah, blah, blah. I know it's not just BA, but all airlines have similar issues. When are we going to see an end to this Byzantine ticketing system that has so much scope for error? For heaven's sake just give us an operation whereby, if you get a rapid confirmation, that's also your ticket to fly. You've had confirmation of the contract you've entered into with the airline, and yet the airlines don't honour it.

You buy something on Amazon, you pay for it. 999 times out of 1000, you get what you paid for without further intervention. Yes, despatch may take a little while, but the transaction itself is done and dusted. Airlines, get your act together!

And before anyone jumps in, yes, I know that bookings using Avios or miles or vouchers, including bookings with partner or code share airlines, may add complications, but the person who can find a way of making all that work seamlessly and immediately will certainly deserve a knighthood and free booze for the rest of his/her life from a grateful flying public.