FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Talking to UA - Text Message
View Single Post
Old Apr 9, 2022, 2:02 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Wow...10 minutes? I had to wait almost an hour the second time I tried it. The first time wait was less than 10 minutes. The first time the whole problem was resolved in another 10 or so minutes. My impression was very good, particularly as I had been on hold twice for an hour each, prior to taking the text option..

But the second time (actually fixing another problem from the first text discussion), after the hour wait, another hour with two humans, and the problem is still not resolved.
agreed…10 minutes is not that long…sometimes can be hours for text. It’s very variable, IME. But also nice you don’t have to keep ‘on the line’ while waiting.

IME, this option is fine for simple things…a PITA for the menus but once you’re through those and get the agent, it’s fine…for simple items. Would use for things like confirming items, seat changes, asking basic generic questions, etc. wouldn’t use for booking/changing flights, upgrades, etc.

if you use the ‘iPhone’ option, also nice because the next time, you don’t have to call in…you can just find the old thread, write back there and you get to the menu. Alternatively, you can also use Twitter DM for a similar experience…may or may not be faster. Can check both to see what’s faster also.