FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Online Passport Renewal Pre-Reg Open for Friends and Family of Gov Employees
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:05 pm
bonjourashley

Programs: Hawaiian Airlines- Pualani Platinum
Originally Posted by jason8612
Has anyone tried this and has feedback on the process?
I signed up for the beta early last month and DOS emailed me about 10 days after signing up saying that I was eligible to submit the application. However I was in Paris at the time, so I wasn't going to submit until I was home.

Meanwhile I had been trying (unsuccessfully) to find folks online who could speak to the process before I actually committed to it. After some searching I still hadn't found anyone, so I bit the bullet and submitted my renewal application on Wednesday (4/6) of this week. My application was accepted and was issued an application number by the DOS, and I received an email about an hour after submitting that my application was being reviewed by a DOS employee. Right now I am still in limbo/review, but I will come back provide updates throughout the process as I get them.

One thing to note, when I go to check my passport status on the State Dept website it says the status is unavailable. I know it can take a few weeks for it to update, but I'm also unsure if it ever will given that I applied through a totally different process than the standard one.