FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Extra ("ExtrAA") Program (master thread)
Old Apr 8, 2022, 10:45 am
OneWorldSapphire

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Alitalia Freccia Alata
I have booked two one-way domestic tickets for which I used the BXP1 upgrades. The flights are not until mid-July, but the upgrades already cleared (they cleared back in Feb). The FAQ section of the businessextra website is very vague about this, so I just want to triple-check my query with the hive mind before I proceed: I have had a change of plans and now need to cancel both tickets. I know I'll get a flight credit for use on AA.com for the coach fare that I paid, but will the BXP1 certificates return to my account, given they were already redeemed against a ticket yet the travel has not commenced? Does this happen automatically once I cancel the ticket on aa.com, or do I have to call meeting services after cancelling the upgraded tickets? Is there a fee (I know there would not be one had they not been applied, but the website is vague about BXP1s that have already been applied).

UPDATE: finally got through to meeting services and they were able to remove the BXP1s from the reservations (no cost) and re-active them so I can now cancel the reservations online.

Last edited by OneWorldSapphire; Apr 8, 2022 at 11:34 am