FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2022 Edition
Old Apr 7, 2022, 6:41 pm
FlyBitcoin

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by Vecturist14
Flight 805 PHX-ATL. Wasn't sure what to expect hearing reports of sad boxes and no meal selection email, and no PDB offered, but to my surprise there were hot meals! FAs offered a choice of ham and cheese quiche, chai oatmeal, or a fruit and cheese plate.

The ham and cheese quiche went quickly. I could not figure out a pattern as to how the FAs took orders - it wasn't FEBO or based on status (I was in 4J and will only have status after this flight credits). I picked the ham and cheese quiche - for those who don't eat pork or cheese, those are simply toppings and can be easily removed. The quiche itself was a little bland and the crust was a 'soggy bottom' and could have been much crisper. Fruit was a mix of orange, kiwi and grapefruit slices with pomegranate. The compote/marmalade was really good and I wish I had another roll for it.
They are still mostly running 763's between ATL and PHX.
My experience is that they generally don't follow FEBO, but seem to take orders down the A-B aisle first then do the C-D aisle.
When they don't follow FEBO, and my choice is gone, I kindly ask for miles instead of a meal, since I tend to eat in Sky Club prior to departure. You can get up to 15,000.