FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Still Welcome! (2022 - Forward)
Old Apr 7, 2022, 3:03 pm
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by GW McLintock

-J.
They love you and are leaving presents for you.
Originally Posted by Zorak
I'm here with my mom and her friend, both in their upper 70s, and doing a river cruise with one of their alumni groups of similar age, so I don't know how much interest overlap there will be

We did one of the canal cruises today (overpriced IMO, but not a bad way to pass an hour otherwise, and I like being in the outdoors to try to fight off jetlag on arrival day). Then the hotel helped me stay up by not having my room ready decided that since I was up anyway, I would join a work Zoom I had told people I might try to make depending on circumstances but no guarantees. Then we wandered around some of the shop alleys for a while before having dinner.

Only thing planned for tomorrow is the Anne Frank House, although we might try to hit up another museum or two. We've previously been to the Van Gogh museum on an all-day AMS layover; my only other trip to AMS was an avgeek-focused event so not much time spent in actual downtown, although I can definitely recommend the Royal FloraHolland Visitor Center/Aalsmeer Flower Auction. (We also went to the Lelystad Aviodrome which I would recommend except it's a ways out of town)
Ah, yes. The hotel in Iceland helped me with that because they didn't have our room ready. One of the hotels in Prague did that as well.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today is National Beer Day.

BTW, Wisconsin and Iowa are notorious for strictly enforcing speed limits, including cameras on the interstate in Iowa.
Are we celebrating with HH tonight?