FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - if you had begun staying in luxury hotels sooner than you did
Old Apr 7, 2022, 11:07 am
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by clubeurope
That’s a very fair take… I spent a night at the Capella late last year and did initially thought of the design to be rather ‘fun’, but the novelty sure wore off after just a few hours absolutely hated the toilet though.

and to stay on topic : I very much wish I had the opportunity to stay at the Hotel Bora Bora back when it was open
Oh jeez yes. The rest of it was fine, as you said the novelty would wear off if you stay a bit longer, but the toilet was awful from the start.
The day bed was very nice though.

On topic - okay here's one - I'd have loved to stay at what are now hotels but before they were even hotels! The Lake Palace, Rambagh, Umaid Bhawan, Falaknuma just from India alone. Would probably have to be cushty with the then Nizams/Kings/Emperors etc though!
And THEN to transport yourself back to more recent times to stay there as a hotel - and compare!