FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:38 pm
ffay005

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Greetings from Singapore.

On arrival, they give you a paper with a QR code that you need to use to book the swimming pool and breakfast time slots via the internet. The system accepts bookings for the next three days.

As for the pool, they can accommodate 35 people in the pool area at any one time, and I don't think I've ever seen so many people there at once, so that should not be a problem. You just pick any time you like. Yesterday evening when I went for a swim, there was nobody there to check any reservations. The pool is availabe 7 am to 10 pm.

Brekafast is at Ash & Elm and is now served from 7 to 11. Used to be from 6 am. I did not know you need to book a time slot, and was surprised to find only three times available (7, 8:15 9:30). Those same slots were available for each day, which was peculiar, so I asked at reception and they said that those are the only slots they publish and I should just pick the one that is closest to my desired time and then go whenever I like. Okay...

Moreover, you can also go down for breakfast without booking anything and they will accommodate you if they have tables available. The receptionist said that the hotel is far from full during the week, but staycationers fill it up on the weekends. We'll see.

The breakfast was "assisted buffet", and this morning at 7, it was relatively busy but there were enough servers so there was no wait. Fruit was limited to melon only + a few unpeeled pears and bananas. I miss the pineapple! Otherwise, the spread was more or less as I remember it, even Port Salut available again (they had some cheaper copy in between). Juices are available in small bottles. The egg station does not make eggs Benedict, but the omelette was good.

The fitted carpets are even more worn out than last time (2018, I think) and downright filthy at places. The rooms are cleaned every three days, or on request.