FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Singapore Master Thread [merged] - after Jan 01, 2010
Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:01 pm
djjaguar64
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I am now at the property, A very poor experience as an Ambassador. Upon check in a young chap was checking us in. I made 2 consecutive reservations each for 2 nights as I had to use the free night cert on the last night which falls on a weekend.

As he was processing us for check in he asked for our pp's, mine was in my suitcase as we moved from another hotel into the IC. I said I can show that to you later and that if he could use my Canadian Ontario ID, he said no.
I then asked him as to which room did we get an upgrade to which and his response was there is not upgrade from a Junior suite for Ambassadors or Royal Ambassador's. In order to get an upgrade we had to book a corner room or another room type that he mentioned which I did not remember. He said we would get either 10000 points or $70 voucher. At this point I asked to speak with a manager and he said that he was the manager. So I asked who did he report to and he then referred us to another Manager.
So I asked as to why this policy was not mentioned on the website so that I would not have booked with the IC or renewed my membership.
She then said she can offer us the Heritage suite. I have 2 knee replacements and the suite she showed us was on the 2nd floor but you have to go down a flight of steps to get to it.

I went back to the lobby and told her we have decided to cancel our last 2 nights.
She then proceeded to say she has the Executive room for us if we would like to see it.
We did see it and said yes this would be ok and then she surprises us with an additional $300, that is $100 for the 3 nights and no additional charge for the last night which was booked with a cert.

I am really disappointed with the overall experience. Will not be returning to this property. I need to find out if the Bali IC is doing the same, if yes then I will not renew my membership .
The property is empty, lounge is empty, but yet you still do not want to treat your Ambassadors well.

So folks no upgrades beyond the Junior Suite with Lounge access that we booked.