FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 35 min wait to talk to a supervisor?
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:55 am
steveholt

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Willower
Does anyone seriously dispute the staggering drop in service levels at Delta? I'm sympathetic to the difficulties the airlines face, and want them to be healthy going concerns, but the wait times for Diamond line and the frequent cluelessness of the agents are not okay. At least judging by comments on FT, their domestic peers are nowhere near as bad on this front, a huge reversal from the past. I like all the perks of status, but the one I value most is getting real help quickly when there's a problem. For the first time after many years happily flying DL almost exclusively, I'm genuinely considering switching to AA. I doubt I'm alone in this.
I have noticed much less competent work in the call centers by DL since the pandemic. I've also had issues with AA and B6 over that same timeframe.

Either way, even if the people in the call centers are less competent and it takes longer to get through to them, being rude to them is not going to be just as ineffective in getting what you want as it was with the more-qualified people.