FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Labor Issues Cause Flight Cancellations
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:22 am
fly18725

Originally Posted by sullim4
It's been that way since HA dumped the decrepit 767s they bought from DL, amongst others. I like AS for domestic but will fly HA to HNL or OGG nearly every time on the A330. As AS was cutting in flight beverages a few months ago, HA offered up 2-4-2 seating in coach and was passing out free Koloa rum cocktails to all Y pax.

The glorified free hot pocket in coach might be lousy, but hey, I'll take that, the bag of Tim's chips, the shortbread cookie, a free cocktail, and no middle seat over fighting for an armrest with a middle seat pax and receiving a packet of snack mix and boxed water.
To each their own. While the HA F product is awesome, I find Y lacking. You get one run of the beverage cart with an offer for a rum cocktail. You’re walking to the galley and paying for alcohol, even in Y+, after that. I find seats and pitch on A330s to be worse and miss Wi-Fi. Wide bodies are nice though…

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
It is not sustainable now. The longer it goes on the more pilots get poached by other airlines. If AS is not going to wrap this up quickly, they should start to cut their summer schedule now. Giving customers the message that they will be randomly cancelling flights at the last minute during the summer when there won’t be any alternatives aside from staying home is not going to sit well. They are actively destroying the good will they built up over many years.
I am pretty sure AS is looking at future schedules. We are definitely seeing advance cancellations in April with day-of cancellations declining.

Labor negotiations are complicated. Concluding based on current events is risky, as is holding out for before times. The current sentiment is AS management was moving slow through COVID but that pilots are not being realistic now and want wages in-line with avg pay at Delta, including widebodies.