FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What food do you bring on the plane (or to the airport)?
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:18 am
StuckInYYZ

Originally Posted by JBord
Burgers only work if you're buying them right before you board and then eating after takeoff. I meant the cold wraps, so similar to a sub. Curiously, I haven't had the same issue with subs as long as I'm not getting vinegar and oil on them. BUT - I'm usually buying them right before boarding and eating within an hour or two so that may be why it works. I'm never going to bring any type of perishable on a flight over a few hours - not because of safety reasons but because of the cold, soggy mess you've described!
For subs, they work a little better if you don't add the sauce (some places are willing to put it on the side in a small container) but it doesn't always help... not ordering "wet" veggies helps as well but limits your selection (tomatoes and guac are the worst for this).

I can't test it now, but someone (elsewhere) suggested changing the container (eg, from a "wrap" to a real container") sometimes helps. Might be a consideration the next time I fly...