FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19: Testing (and vaccination) Requirements to enter India
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:42 am
GGLwannabe

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Checking in at Paris for my flight to Delhi via Helsinki, there was a fair amount of head-scratching, as Finnair's guidance on what's required to get to India was not totally clear. They seemed to think I should have a PCR test, but eventually, when I told the check-in agent and his supervisor, that wasn't required as I had the Air Suvidha form and was fully vaccinated with 3 vaccines, they checked me in. At Helsinki there was no further issue although they did ask to see my Air Suvidha form again.

My flight got in on time at around 06:30 on Sunday 27th, which was clearly a good time to arrive. I spent just 5 minutes queueing at the Business/First immigration counter and when I got to the desk I wasn't asked for the Air Suvidha form at all. Even better, I didn't have to have my fingerprints checked, which has been the norm since I got a 5 year business visa in late 2017. This has previously been a real chore as it seems my fingerprints are not as well defined as the Indian immigration device would like, and I've spent upwards of 15 minutes in the past trying to get a correspondence with the prints taken when I originally got the visa.

So, just one minute while the immigration officer had a look at all of the previous entry stamps in my passport, then the new immigration stamp, and on to the luggage hall, where my suitcase was already trundling towards me.

That was probably the most seamless arrival I've had in India in the last 10 years, but I suspect that next time I arrive, it may be more like normal!