FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2022, 1:28 am
jphripjah

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gallagher
I may need to arrive 5 days later than booked but don’t want to lose the point night rate I locked in before a recent increase (at Conrad Maldives)
I don't wish to state the obvious but perhaps you should have booked two five night reservations instead of a ten night reservation, unless there was a 7-10 night minimum in effect or something.

I try to never book any longer than the minimum number of nights needed for a free night.

So at Hilton it's 5 nights and at IHG it's 4 nights. Then I add separate nights to the reservation one at a time if they are less than the 4/5 night minimum needed for a free night.

If I'm staying for two nights at a Hilton or IHG or anywhere, either cash or points, I'll almost always book it as two one night reservations. This gives flexibility in case you need to drop a night and also allows you to cancel and re-book one night if only one night decreases in points/price.

You can contact the hotel or diamond line and see if it can be shortened but I've never heard of anyone having success doing that. It think any change to number of nights in a booking requires re=pricing at the current rate.