FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 Letter Typo on Ticket Booked Via Etihad Guest - Complications?
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:00 pm
alvhuang

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I had AA fail to ticket EY in time and we lost the seats. AA said they would speak to the EY liaison, but it never happened. Had to reorganise the entire trip.

I think it was a few days after the original seats became available again so I changed.
I have the tickets, and seats. Just my wife's name on the ticket is off by 1 letter.

Did some searching on the forums and saw other people risking it for domestic travel seemed to get by TSA fine, but, no guarantees.

Originally Posted by jtav559
Hang Up, Call Again would be my suggestion.

I would imagine this sort of thing happens often enough that they have a remedy for it.

Was AA's request to call Etihad because they hold the ticket stock for this?
But then Etihad tried to fix it (by presumably contacting AA to make the change for the ticket on an AA bird) and AA said no?
AA First told me that since I booked with Etihad I have to work with them, but on the day of travel the check-in team could help me with this.

"We must allow them to have it corrected from their system, or on the day of travel, our airport teammates will assist at the check-in counter."

However after I called Etihad, they told me and on twitter told me:

"Hello there, we are unable to complete a name correction on a partner airline redemption ticket. Therefore, you would need to cancel the ticket and issue a new one."

I'm hesitant on cancelling because if the award inventory does not go back then I will have to pay a buttload more in order to get back compared to my original purchase (50k etihad guest miles for 2x business)

So then I told AA again that Etihad was unable to correct the name and was told

"Howdy! We've checked your booking and you'll need to have that changed with your booking source prior to travel. We wouldn't be able to correct that on the counter during the check-in process. Let us know how it all worked out."

It looks like my only options are to try to call Etihad yet again and hope I get someone that can change the name, cancel and hope award space opens back up and snag it, or risk it at the day of travel and hope TSA does not notice.

Last edited by JY1024; Apr 5, 2022 at 10:21 pm