FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2022, 4:02 pm
lily23

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Adding a recent trip report! Stayed here for 3 nights in the Palace Tower (award stay, Diamond member if that matters). Apparently we received an upgraded room, resort was very full anyways so I didn't bother to check for anything better. Either way, it was high floor and could see the lagoon/ocean from the balcony, so decent enough. The room itself was surprisingly large with high ceilings, separate luggage/closet area, and bathroom area was a good size (although a bit dated and water pressure from the shower was meh). Diamond dining credits are $18/person, max 2 people so $36 daily, cannot be rolled over. We used this for takeout at Nui every morning, but be warned $36 for two people won't go too far.

For the resort itself, the lagoon was a highlight - swimming with turtles and renting paddle boards was really fun, so we didn't end up checking out the other pool areas. There's also dolphin quest on site, I have my own feelings about dolphins in captivity but for what its worth, they claim to be doing valuable research and saving dolphins and that the avg lifespan of their dolphins is 18 years vs. 11 years in the wild so others can make their own judgment. For getting around the resort, you can either walk (fastest), take the tram (slower), or take the canal boats (slowest but relaxing and only runs from 2-10 pm). Queen's marketplace is a quick 5 minute drive away for those wanting to stock up on groceries. Overall it was an enjoyable stay, I'd probably recommend it more for families vs. romantic getaways with it being a mega resort, but at 70k/night vs. 997+ cash rates, it was a great redemption.