FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best United hub for TATL International transfers arrival / departure
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:01 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by omxfl
Yes, ORD has more frequent direct connections to IND. IAD has a late IND flight in case they would miss the 5 pm (or thereabouts) connection, if I go down that route (likely based on everyone's feedback).

I wish there was a site that captures all this information during booking. When I looked at flights I was offered, for example, an ORD-IND connection with slightly more than an hour between flights.? It's almost impossible to make this.
With no checked bags and Global Entry / Clear / PreCheck, I can get through arrival formalities very quickly. Less than an hour is routine.

There is such a wide range of possible experiences with International Arrivals, it is really key to know the particulars.
A passenger with foreign passport, no expedited status / memberships, and checked baggage can face a couple hours of arrival formalities.