FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA contactless payment cards (2022 - 2023)
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:38 pm
PrendellHiggins

It continues to elude me as to why pay at pump apps are a thing. I never see anyone use them. Perhaps in northern territories where it's freezing cold? But even then they still have to get out eventually. How is it not easier and more cost effective to just develop an NFC rewards pass for the mobile wallets? I'm only aware of two that do this: Texaco in the UK for Google Pay & Apple Wallet and Maverik in the USA for Apple Wallet only.

Tried Wawa's just to laugh at how awful it was and it crashed the pump. I guess tap once for loyalty and again for payment would be too difficult for people. Instead they have to download an app, login, wait, authenticate, wait more, and then the pump will finally activate. Ridiculous.

(Oh and btw our app won't work if you don't have signal. Sorry, but uhhh... why didn't you have a physical card to insert in case you found one of our stations that still doesn't have contactless? 🤦🏼‍♂️)
— Exxon, basically

Last edited by PrendellHiggins; Apr 4, 2022 at 11:44 pm