FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton properties joining / leaving the Hilton chain
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:47 pm
curse reversed

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Well... it's bookable on Hilton for tonight (BAR appears to be $295/nt + 30 resort charge for either a single king or 2 queens) so either that's the world's fastest hotel renovation or they're marketing it while renovations are in progress.

That said my first, and thus far only, experience with Curio was several stays a few years ago at the Campbell House in Lexington. Fantastic staff, but "dated" didn't begin to describe the hallways and other interior common spaces (my memory is neutral about the rooms themselves...and despite being dated, well maintained) [looking at the current pictures it appears a comprehensive renovation has been completed since my stays]
Originally Posted by Cris
I get the impression that it won't really be branded Hilton internally until after the remodel which is supposed to be completed early next year. My one and only Curio experience was at the Cliffrose right outside Zion National Park in Springdale, UT, and that was a fabulous experience.
Hilton seems to have been doing that a bit lately. The hotel will be listed under a certain brand but won't have the brand name in their name. Once the renovation is complete they will add the brand name. Another property for which they are doing this is the South Bay Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, which looks like it will eventually become a full-fledged Homewood.
South Bay Inn and Suites (hilton.com)
Also, the Madison in Washington D.C. left Hilton last week and is now a Le Meridien after being sold in late 2020. Not sure why they took that as a Hilton in the first place since the Capital Hilton is only 3 blocks away.