FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Lufthansa Group Questions Here [2016-]
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:32 pm
SuperFlyBoy

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Redhat72
Question: Are premium classes (Premium Economy & Business Class) on intercontinental LH routes really getting filled up? The fares are outrageously high. I understand that the demand for travel, oil prices & the geo political situation due to war are driving the prices but I'm seeing 3x to 5x times fares than normal.
I was trying to get out of the US because our UA direct flights to India were canceled - and LH ex-EWR were quite full - obviously.

However, all UA flights seem to be going pretty full to other TATL destinations, so there is most definitely a large rise in travel...

In fact, UA GS members (ala HON) suddenly came out of the woodwork in March - and were populating the waitlists in droves...

All my LH flights EWR-FRA-MUC-DEL were very full... (and the EWR-MUC later flight was full as well - lots of US Army Reservists were unable to board that flight)