FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short check / checking baggage (consolidated)
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:23 pm
c1223

Programs: BA GGL
Short Check Bag

I've got an upcoming flight from BUF to LHR via PHL. It's a single ticket booked on American Airlines, although the PHL - LHR leg is on British Airways. I'll be travelling with some cases that are covered by a Carnet. Thus far, I've been unable to ascertain whether I'll be able to get the carnet stamped in BUF. I'm trying my best to get in touch with the appropriate people, but I'm not having much luck.

Will American Airlines let me short check the baggage should I not be able to get the carnet stamped in BUF? The reason being, that when the CBP agents stamp it in PHL, they'll want to inspect the cases. I'm going to assume AA won't think I'm trying to benefit from hidden city ticketing as it cannot in any world be cheaper to fly BUF - LHR than BUF - PHL....

Also, as an aside, could someone clarify whether I need to have a "Main Cabin" booking for my 1st and 2nd checked bags to be complimentary if I'm a OWS? It isn't clear on this page.