FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why can't you fly from the east coast (or anywhere near) to Hawaii if the times work?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 1:30 pm
synergistic

I don't think I follow how searching for a multi-city over two days is any quicker than searching for one that's all one day - am I missing something?

Regardless, I am just looking for legal connections that get me where I want to go when I want to go there - fare is a lesser concern, though I'll check the prices of all the acceptable flights until departure to get the price as low as I can. What I'm trying to find out is how to find these valid routings more efficiently - it's a time consuming process the way I'm doing it. I really believed I'd be able to get Google/ITA to find them (without prices, of course) but the flights that populate on the Southwest site are not the same flights that are published to Google.
For example, on 23 Sep, the Southwest site gives me ten flights from FLL-OAK, two of which arrive early enough for to catch the 3p flight to HNL. Google only sees five routings from FLL-OAK, none of which arrive early enough to connect to the HNL flight - and two of them don't actually show up on the Southwest site!

I seriously don't mind paying for the flights at the higher cost of a multi-city booking - schedule >>price for me - but I'm finding myself incredibly frustrated just trying to find the routes at all. I was hoping someone might have thought of a clever workaround.