FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I work at the airport/for the airline. You're wrong.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 12:35 pm
lcohen999

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Couple good ones at YVR today.

Concierge asks to see proof of vaccine before giving us paper BPs. Shouldn't need to, because we already uploaded it electronically and docs were approved, but this is a system issue, not a concierge issue.

But then she tells me we should have downloaded the federal vaccine proof thing, because that's what you need for travel

At the MLL, very rude agent told my wife that our flight was already boarding and
she was going to miss the flight because it was leaving in 10 minutes. Despite departure boards not showing boarding and no text alert.

I asked a few minutes later. Didn't get told I would miss the flight, but was told it was definitely boarding. I asked if she had checked DCS and how many were left to board. She claimed it was definitely boarding, and they would never disclose that information. Despite other agents having given it to me 100+ times.

Actual answer: I got the text shortly after I left the MLL, and they hadn't even started Z1 boarding when I got to the gate a few minutes later.

I rarely write in to complain about staff, but her crappy attitude and complete unwillingness to take the 15 seconds to actually check frigging DCS are going to earn her a note to customer relations.
In the concierges defence, I have found that pre-security reprinting of a BP, the vaccine proof is usually asked, 100% if you are checking a bag.