FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why can't you fly from the east coast (or anywhere near) to Hawaii if the times work?
Old Apr 4, 2022, 10:54 am
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by synergistic
I understand that you *can* book these as a multi-city itinerary, but I hate that I have to. I'm trying to go from Florida to Hawaii, and it's a frustrating process. I went into that labeled-as-interactive-but-isn't-interactive-map, found the cities that have nonstop flights into HNL, searched them all, and then did multi-city searches for the ones that had afternoon flights. Is there a better method?
the booking limit on a single ticket appears to be

1. 2 stops and no plane change
2. 1 stop and 1 plane cgange
3. 1 plane change

look at instead doing a PM afternoon/ evening booking to city A, then next day book an A-Hawaii flight. Return flight is similar. An afternoon departure to west coast city, night stay, thrn fly the same day.

the only way you can book hawaii on one ticket is if you can find a one stop and 1 plane change route.

the one stop routes can be very random, while others are consistent.

if you try to get to hawaii on one ticket youare likely going to have high fare. Usually the lowest one way fare is you can’t use one of their hubs ( oakland, Phoenix) as a transfer point to hawaii because thise are common routes. Instead look at flying to lax, San Diego, Long Beach, San Jose, etc and find a cheaper $129 or less fare to hawaii.